The truth of the matter is that everyone, in my opinion, is a salesperson. If you’ve ever made a single dollar in your life, you have had to apply some kind of sales skills in order to obtain that dollar. But what I see so often from my coaching clients and other small business owners is that they have convinced themselves that they are terrible at sales.
Listen, I get it. It’s just like any other skill and needs to be practiced. It’s also a skill that can be learned if you’re willing to put in the time to learn how to do it well. Following is a list of easy things you can do to get your sales game up and running and help you get the practice you need while also growing your business and bringing in more cash flow.
1) Know your target customer – make a list of your ideal customers so that you know who and where to target for sales.
2) Use social media – you have a computer in your pocket (yes, I mean your phone) that allows you to connect to literally billions of people across the globe if you want to. Use that to your advantage.
3) Figure out where your customers hang out, in person or online, then go there and network with them. I’ve found a ton of success on LinkedIn, but Facebook and Instagram are great for online networking too!
4) Share what you’re doing, let them know how they can work with you.
5) Hire a salesperson or even a team.
6) Follow up follow up FOLLOW UP.
7) Get on Instagram – it’s already blowing up!
8) Never stop selling
Sales don’t need to be hard. It just is what it is. If you’re willing to show up and do the work, it is a skill you can become great at.